One of the biggest requests we’ve gotten over the last few months has been to open APIs for developers to be able to leverage AutoCAD WS’s web and mobile features within their own applications.
This made a lot of sense to us as one of the reasons AutoCAD became popular in the first place was that it enabled developers to build custom applications on top of AutoCAD such as plugins, custom objects and scripts.
Today we’re taking a first step (of many) in this direction by releasing a first set of APIs for AutoCAD WS . This new set of APIs enables developers of different languages to -
- Securely connect to an AutoCAD WS account
- Query the account file/folder structure
- Perform different file operations such as copy, delete, rename, create folder
- Upload and download files.
- Query file metadata such as last modified, permission and thumbnails.
- Launch a drawing in the WS online editor.
You can enter your own account details to check out the app or use this sample account -
Username: email@example.com, Password:123456
[pageview height="500px" url="http://220.127.116.11/api/WebdavSampleBlog/sample.html"]